Looking for Chief Engineer (Database) to provide deep technical expertise and responsible for the planning, design, implementation, operations and on-going maintenance of database landscape which includes Oracle and Microsoft SQL. This will encompass standardization of database architectures and deployment strategies, formalizing data backup and retention policies, database performance fine tuning and the consumption of ancillary Cloud database services.
- Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Microsoft SQL and Oracle certification would be an added advantage.
- Experience in the IT banking and Telecommunications sector would be an added advantage.
- Expert level knowledge with Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases across multiple software revisions.
- Extremely experienced architecting and designing from ground zero a resilient, highly available and low latency database infrastructure within on-premise and cloud provider infrastructure.
- Must be adept at programming in at least one language: Python, Ruby, Perl or advanced shell scripting.
- Extensive implementation experience with database intricacies:- log shipping, sync vs async replication, AWR, RMAN, REDO, indexing, log switches, data shards, masking, database encryption permutations and their ramifications, data schemas, connection pooling and query fine-tuning.
- Experienced performing systems based performance bottleneck analysis and remediation as it pertains to the database implementation:- vmstat, iostat, lsof, sar, collectl and sysblock.
- Implementation experience with Cloud offerings from AWS and GCP such as RDS, Redis, Cassandra, Spanner, Aurora or DynamoDB would be an advantage.
Interested, Kindly share your CV to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.