About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest and most respected FMCG manufacturing brands in the world. They were founded in 1800 with more than 50,000 employers worldwide and 8 production facilities across all continents.
Rama 2, Bangkok
About The Role
In this role, you will be reporting to Plant Finance Manager and will work in a small team. The successful candidate should be highly-self motivated who is looking to advance one's career as a high impact player in the business.
You will be a key business partner with the operation teams. You will be working independently while having a indirect subordinates within the operations finance.
This role is responsible for ensuring that costing, price variances, logistics and inventory revaluation transactions are reported accurately for each operation division.
- Work on strategic Analysis for finance or divisional leads as required
- Support change management needs or reports as necessary
- Seek efficiencies within their team and cross-functional, suggest and develop SOP as necessary and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Monthly accounting for logistics and sourcing - PPV, variances, reviewing related liabilities for any adjustments
- Review of all Income Statement accounts to insure recording of expenses are in correct period and account
- Prepare all necessary accruals or pre-paid entries specific to your division
- Prepare month financial results reporting as required by plant finance managers and operations leadership
- Lead budget process and work with cost center owners and those they lead and provide explanations for any changes from prior periods.
- Review annual cost role with the cost department for each budget and forecast, work with procurement and cost models to explain variances to comparisons
- Review standard cost changes and Purchase price variance regularly with pricing team to determine proper pricing support is provided
- Able to perform cost studies and review alternative formulations and ingredient substitutions
- Able to work on projects that involve finance support in the areas of operations related to assigned plant(s), include fixed cost analysis, productivity studies, mix reporting, etc.
- Ability to communicate and present to senior leadership on regular basis
- Able to report ad-hoc as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance required
- Employment with a Big4 CPA firm, large manufacturing experience preferred
- 7+ years of experience of comparable financial analysis, costing, planning, or economic analysis with demonstrated attention to detail
- Able to convert financial analysis into meaningful operational recommendations and drive action and process improvement
- Skilled in budgeting and negotiating
- Exceptional problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level is essential
- Relevant costing and analysis experience is desired
- CPA preferred but not a strict requirement
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.