For this established e-commerce company based in Dubai, the DevOps Manager will be responsible for driving DevOps implementation and practices within the company to deliver significant business and operational and benefits, by creating a solid DevOps foundation within an off-shore team for all users to consume.
In this role you will contribute to and implement the strategic direction of digital enablement of the company through the automation of software development and deployment lifecycle to deliver speed to market, efficiency and quality resulting in higher value to customers. You will provide the tools, technologies and platforms within an off-shore team and will direct and monitor it's success.
- Ensure that emerging trends and technologies related to DevOps, and best practices are continuously brought into the company for continuous improvement, in addition to managing technology suppliers for DevOps tools and platform development, and distributed scaled agile practices. Lead, coach, and mentor an off-shore team of DevOps and tooling professionals, providing adequate leadership and providing continuous feedback and facilitating professional development.
- Enable the migration of existing on-premise services to on-cloud services in collaboration with the greater team to achieve cost efficiency, improved quality, a more productive engineering workforce and faster project delivery. Provide tooling that enables Enterprise wide visibility of CI/CD pipelines, dashboards and analytics to report on adoption of DevOps, trends and business outcomes such as deployment frequency and improvements to quality in an agile environment.
- Tailor platforms services for team and agile release trains, through participation in programme planning, system/ solution demonstrations for DevOps, Cloud and SRE adoption plans. Enable autonomous teams to deliver based on this high-level context. Build productive relationships with Architecture, Delivery,
- Hands on experience in building and maintaining DevOps platforms, with proven track record of leading a team (preferably remote) to transform the efforts of a mid-scale engineering organization in digital, data and enterprise domains.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant management/supervisory experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals in a large solution domain.
- 5+ years software engineering at scale with experience in Cloud adoption ·
- Ability to think outside the box to solve complex technical issues. Use professional concepts and company objectives to solve complex issues.
- Research industry innovations and best practices. Apply appropriately in the solution domain.
- Partnering with technical and business leaders across the organization to drive value from the technology solutions.
- Identify and remove waste in the software development lifecycle to improve flow, throughput, productivity and quality.
*Please note that while all candidate applications are appreciated, only those suitable for the position will be contacted for consideration.