Global Financial Services with an APAC headquarter in Hong Kong, they provide a wide range of financial products. In the region, they cover more than 13 countries.
Ranked in the TOP 3 of Financial Services from a data perspective, they have one of the most advanced Data platform in Hong Kong.
They want to enhance this platform from regional to global scale projects.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics, the role is a hybrid position in between the Data Science and Data Engineering team. Working alongside some of the best Data Scientist in Hong Kong and partnering up with the Data Engineering team, the purpose of the role is to bring a strategic vision to several business units
Individual contributor, you will drive regional data initiatives with a wide variety of data analytics and technology topics to up-skill the data and technology competency across Asia. Later on at a global scale.
- Partner with the Data Science and Engineering team to identify and fill the gaps
- Work closely with different regional business functions to understand the data initiatives
- Automate, re-build, and re-imagine data processes to increase efficiencies in business processes
- Develop and drive regional analytics data capture, enhancement, cleansing and optimize regional data management capability to enable world-class analytics
- Collect analytics requirements from business and decide the analytics approach to answer business question and support business decision making
- Tactical support of data access, understanding, engineering, visualization, and decision making
- Provides strategic input to the development, implementation and delivery of product innovations
- Support the team in recruiting, training, developing, coaching and retaining best-in-class analytics talent at country level
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Statistics
- 10+ years of overall experience as Data Architect, or Senior In-house Consultant
- Previous experience in a large Consulting firm is preferred
- Experience of dealing with regional/global data platform/data lake
- Fluent in English. Speaking one of the following language Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese is a plus
- Advanced experience in automating data pipelines, data transformation tools, Python, SQL and big data technologies
- Good knowledge of Cloud technologies (Azure) are a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Location: Hong Kong or potentially Singapore
Flexi-work can be set up after probation (2-3 days WFH)
Salary budget: HKD 1.3 to 1.6 million / year + bonus
Start date: open to long notice period
Process: 4 rounds
Interested in this description? Would you like to know more?
The next steps are to apply with an updated CV to email@example.com or a first call through my direct line +852 6106 7562 for a confidential discussion.