About Our Client
Our client is one of the most well-known global chemical manufacturing companies with the establishment of almost 150 years. They are specialized in fine chemicals production and distribution, serving a variety of manufacturers worldwide with plants in Samutprakan and Rayong. They are now looking for an Accounting Manager to lead their dynamic and hard-working team.
An amazing opportunity in a listed manufacturing firm with dynamic and international culture. As a Financial Controller, you will be managing the whole accounting team while ensure on-time report and insightful analysis as a contribution to the management team.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of accounting department: general ledger activity, financial reporting, and accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the month-end, quarter-end and annual close
- Produce financial statements and financial analysis. Analyze and review monthly GL activity and apply defined checks and balances to ensure accurate monthly financial statements
- Develop functional P&L's for department managers. Distribute and meet with managers to review financials, trends, cost control and opportunities.
- Work with Compliance team and provide financial information to assist in state and regulatory filings and audits.
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly reports.
- Oversee annual financial audit and tax returns.
- Review and approve reconciliations prepared by accounting staff.
- Maintains policies & procedures manual and communicates updates to staff.
- Maintain database on SAP to ensure efficient/accurate financial tracking and reporting.
- Design and conduct internal control testing.
- Identify opportunities for improving efficiencies of transaction processing and reporting while maintaining key internal controls.
- Manage and train accounting staffs including cross-training.
- Manage projects, provide Ad-Hoc analysis as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- You should have at least10 years of progressive experience in finance and accounting with 5+ years of experience in a managerial role.
- Experience in manufacturing industry from MNC environment
- Strong knowledge of SET regulatory, GAAP, IFRS and tax requirements
- Self-starter with action orientation, strong attention to detail and willingness to be hands-on in some occasions
- Prior SAP experience could be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and a native speaker of Thai
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.