We are currently working with a leading Fintech, who are currently one of the fast-growing companies in the UK and they are currently seeking an Accountant to join the business to oversee Group Accounting and take the lead responsibility for a number of new projects
This role would suit a candidate with a technical accounting background and who has knowledge of leading projects and supporting a finance function in shaping their policies and procedures as the business grows.
For this Group / Project Accountant role the key responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts
- Take the Lead role on Finance projects which will include both technical, operational and commercial aspects as the business grows
- Review & suggest improvements for operational processes and controls
- Lead the internal financial reporting including group reporting cycle
- Project manage the internal and external audit processes
- Finance Business Partner with senior management and deputise for the Head of finance when applicable.
Key skills required for this Accountant role will include
- Qualified Accountant ( ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with post qualification experience and commercial knowledge
- Relevant experience of project accounting, technical accounting or start-up exposure
- Excellent Excel skills including Vlookups
- Pro-active results-driven and highly organised
- Knowledge of Sage, SQL, and PowerBI would be advantageous
The company offers a competitive salary along with a training cash benefit to develop your skills and a strong suite of benefits. For more information please get in touch.