Our client are a global leader in e-commerce with a mission to be earth's most customer-centric company. Guided by a unified and collaborative culture, they strive on invention, commitment, operational excellence and long-term thinking.
They are seeking a passionate customer and category advocate who possesses strong analytical skills, comes with good project management experience, is able to effectively prioritize and multi-task and has been successful in driving the FMCG category growth.
The Category Manager must be an effective leader and communicator working with some of our most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal stakeholders and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the 'business owner' for assigned category, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business and is able to execute at both tactical and strategic levels to achieve long-term growth
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/ events, and continually stays on top of industry and competitive trends.
- Maximize business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of features that provide their customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Manage vendor relationships: Manage supplier/ partner contracts, day-to-day relationships and negotiate and secure marketing funds
- Co-ordinate with cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties to drive operational improvements
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
What you look like:
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in retail, operations, business management or consulting (could include buying, product management, financial analyses) with a proven history of delivering results
- Experience in negotiations, pricing, or inventory management
- Proficiency with Excel and strong analytical acumen
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Business focused thinking, an ability to focus on key issues and a strong hands-on, results driven mentality
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8105
Lyle Patrisha Adinda
EA Reg No: R1548840