Head of Commercial Finance, Business Partner
Salary £65-85K plus bonus and benefits
An exciting, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial business within the utilities sector is looking to appoint a high calibre qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) Head of Commercial Finance to be based in the East Midlands. Reporting to the CFO.
With ambitious growth plans, the Head of Commercial Finance will play an important role in leading a small team, and developing the future business strategy and growth agenda.
Business partnering with the Executive committee, Financial Controller and key business stakeholders formulating the company's future direction and driving tactical/operational initiatives with the CFO and board.
Instigating and influencing change, as well as managing and motivating the team to deliver high standards of performance and developing talent are critical.
Poised for the next stage in its development the business now requires a highly competent, technically astute and commercially minded individual.
Scope of role and responsibilities
- Leading a small team
- Prepare and provide insight and commentary on the Group's revenue and gross margin performance and variance analysis
- Produce detailed budgets and forecasts
- Ensure the debtors and accrued income balances are robustly analysed, challenged and provided for as required. Managing the expected credit loss position of the Group
- Lead on investment appraisal for the Group, including M&A transactions as appropriate.
- Provide commercial support to sales, commercial, operational and credit control teams to appraise new products or business ventures
- Lead improvements to MI systems and KPIs utilised by the business to review, report and control commercial performance in order to provide full line of sight from the management accounts to the underlying commercial decisions and positions which impact
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for Executive Committee members and the board as required to increase understanding of the commercial performance
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CA) with significant relevant commercial experience
Desirable knowledge of the utilities industry in a gas and power supply business
Commercial mindset with a can-do attitude.
Passionate leader, leads from the front with a hands on approach
A leader who can operate at the strategic level and roll up their sleeves and get into the detail with their teams and wider stakeholders.
Thank you for taking the time to read more about this opportunity. If you feel this is the right next move for you, please apply.