Our client is a well recognised brand that has grown its operations across the South East Asian Region. Due to this significant growth it is now seeking to appoint an experienced legal and compliance professional to head up their Compliance & Regulatory function
Working with senior leaders as part of the leadership team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Regulatory and Compliance function across the region . Advising key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, this role will, formulate and implement policies and process across the Group on a range of subject matters.
This role will work closely with in-country Compliance Leads, country legal teams and managers of regional and country business units. Managing a team the role will include.
* Advising on and assessing legal and regulatory risks materially affecting the organization
* Designing, revising and maintaining compliance policies and processes concerning material regulatory risks areas. These include MAS licensing, anti-bribery, privacy /data protection, competition and some general commercial work
* implementing the Group Compliance Framework and the relevant compliance policies and processes across the Group.
* development, training and management of in-country compliance leads and
* Advising and reporting to the Executive management team the board on changes in the regulatory landscape that will affect the business across the region
* must be a holder of a law degree or equivalent diploma from a recognized university or institution
* have at least 6 years' post admission working experience preferably as an in-house regulatory Legal Counsel or Compliance Manager in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Industry experience with Fintech and e-money in a Singapore payment services setting with extensive knowledge of applicable central bank regulations and other relevant industry regulations is preferred
* Background in data protection/ privacy law with reputable law firms or as an in-house counsel, ideally with e-commerce, internet or tech companies and a passion for technology, big data, data governance and data privacy.
* hardworking, and able to work independently and efficiently in a team
* strong communication (written and oral), reporting and interpersonal relationship skills
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8105
Williams Neil Martin
EA Reg No: R2197347