We are looking for an individual who enjoys new challenges, has a drive for success, is passionate about PR and embraces the responsibility of leading projects. If you are such an individual, then this role is made for you!
The client is a leading, international retail company with global headquarters and large-scale stores in some of the world's most important cities and locations, as part of its ongoing efforts to solidify its status as a global brand. Today the company has more than 2,000 stores in 22 markets. In alphabetical order, the other markets are Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, U.K. and U.S.
The client manages an integrated business model under which it designs, manufactures, markets and sells high-quality, casual apparel. The company believes that truly great clothes should be supremely comfortable, feature universal designs, be of high quality and offer a superb fit to everyone who wears them.
With a corporate statement committed to changing clothes, changing conventional wisdom and change the world, Fast Retailing is dedicated to creating great clothing with new and unique value to enrich the lives of people everywhere.
The PR Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of effective PR strategies and programs to build and promote the brand in Malaysia, in accordance with the local marketing plan and global PR direction from GHQ (both corporate and product).
- Creating brand PR Strategies to effectively introduce and promote the brand and products to Malaysian consumers, including the areas of the brand brand philosophy, LifeWear product concept and value
- Additional responsibilities include communication on: Employer Branding, Sustainability, Local Community Involvement, Crisis Management
- Develop stories for mass media, including fashion, lifestyle and business, across print, digital and broadcast segments based on local trends and media interests in collaboration with Product Marketing
- Develop an engagement strategy with key stakeholders externally to promote the the brand brand
- Manage a media training program to help prepare the brand Malaysia Management and local spokespersons in handling media interviews, at the time of market-entry press events, local press previews, product launches, new store openings or more.
- Coordinate PR events (press conferences, press briefings, store openings, etc.), with Head of Marketing Malaysia as well as Global Headquarters PR contacts.
- Develop and Localize PR materials and tools, including press releases, media Q&As and factsheets.
- Handling day-to-day PR activities and follow-up with journalists (print, online, etc.) and bloggers who cover apparel/fashion industry.
- Managing external PR agencies and affiliated vendors
- Manage the product sampling process with PR agencies in collaboration with Journalists and Influencers/Bloggers
- Work with regional and global colleagues to drive consistent and aligned PR messages
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 8 years PR experience, ideally for a consumer, lifestyle, retail, or apparel brand with an understanding of corporate or business PR.
- International experience and experience securing global coverage is desired
- Fluent in spoken and written English as well as Bahasa. Strong writing skills is a must, and some knowledge of another Indian local language or/and Japanese would be a plus.
- Demonstrates an understanding of, and/or willingness to learn about the retail sector, with an emphasis on fashion/apparel PR.
- A team player who is effective in collaborating with other functions, in particular Marketing and Store Operations, and regional/global to achieve the Company's goals and objectives.
- Strategic and out-of-the box mindset that challenges conventional fashion PR..
- Willing and able to travel outside of Malaysia occasionally
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.