R and D Manager - Pigment
Research and Development - Pigment - Masterbatch - Paint - Coating - Colourants - International Company - Budget up to 150K - Based in Samut Prakarn
An International Pigment Manufacturer
- Leads R&D team in the technical aspects of product development through the investigation, planning, execution, evaluating and reporting on new product / process development improvement and troubleshooting projects.
- Independently initiates, investigates, and implements significant new formulations, process improvements, and cost savings projects.
- Assists formulation chemists on portions of project to ensure completion of the department's high priority projects and critical non-project work. Advises, directs, coaches, inspires and reviews the work of less experienced formulation chemists on complex projects.
- Acts as a technical consultant to all operating units of the company on formulation / processing issues related to assigned projects / products.
- Completes technical assessments for evaluation of new product / process opportunities.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations concerning the application of new ingredient / processing technologies. Stays apprised of technologies used by other contract manufacturers by reviewing technical literature, attending seminars and maintaining contact with suppliers. Evaluates applicability of those technologies within the organization
- B.S. or higher education in Chemistry
- Demonstrated track record of hiring, developing and training high performing teams of scientist and engineers
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in pigment or related product development
- Minimum of 5 years in R&D management
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.