About Our Client
A senior accounting and reporting position at a global eCommerce company has been open and welcome candidates with strong eCommerce and logistics background. With highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, you are expected to be very adaptable and agile to respond well to the speed.
The role will be reporting to Group CFO in Singapore and Thailand's General Manager. You will have an overview of all accounting activities in Thailand with accuracy and punctuality as your main focus.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades/phase-two implementation of ERP software
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Work with Audit, Tax and Treasury Manager to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
- At least a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, with CPD
- 10+ years of working experience in Accounting & Treasury with a multinational corporation. preferably in e-Commerce, Start-Up, Technology or Logistics company with large team and large volume of transactions
- Big 4 Audit experiences will be an advantage
- Great understanding of financial accounting, tax compliance, statutory accounting and reporting
- Excellent English proficiency and a native speaker of Thai
- Proficient in SAP and MS Office Suite
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.