Space Manager (Retail operation) has to oversee the merchandising of products across retail outlets. They usually liaise with store managers to set up a visually appealing layout for store merchandise. As part of their work description, the Space Manager (Retail operation) also has to reviews sales records to ensure set financial objectives are met.
- Oversee and work closely with distributors for the General trade channel.
- Direct and supervise retail staff across several retail outlets to ensure they meet set objectives
- Manage the design of layouts to maximize retail store space, sales, margin, profit, and gather and analyze shopper experience.
- Provide training to retail employees to develop their skills and enhance their job performance
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Analyzes historical data to ensure maximum profitability of store space.
- Provide solutions that address performance issues in a timely and effective manner
- Monitor the activities of the customer service department of retail outlets to ensure a satisfied clientele
- Contact store managers and other retail staff to communicate relevant information
- Mentor and motivate sales staff to put in their best in order to achieve financial goals
- Develop and implement budget and plans for retail operations
- Visit retail establishments to ensure efficient and effective management as well as high-performance sales
- Develop policies for the merchandising of goods in retail stores
- Monitor inventory levels to determine the need for stock supply at each retail outlet
- Set and regulate product pricing using results of market and demand analysis
- Ensure compliance with health/safety policies and procedures at retail sites
- Listen to customer complaints to address & resolve their issues
- Evaluate operational and financial records to determine sales performance of a retail store.
- Education: a Bachelor's degree in business management, business administration, business studies, or in a similar field.
- Experience in Space Manager (Retail operation) for general trade channel and customer service is also required for this position.
- Organizational Skills: to coordinate sales operations across a retail chain.
- Accounting Skills: reviewing and evaluating sales records and financial statements.
- Communication Skills: Proficient in interacting with store managers and retail staff to communicate information relevant to sales
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.