Reporting to the Trade Compliance Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement global trade compliance policies and procedures that align with applicable regulations, including but not limited to, customs laws, export controls, sanctions, and anti-corruption laws.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments of existing trade compliance programs, identify areas of improvement, and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Educate and train employees on trade compliance regulations and best practices, ensuring awareness and understanding at all levels of the organization.
- Oversee and manage the company's import/export operations to ensure compliance with country-specific regulations, including classification, valuation, and documentation requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes in international trade laws and regulations and communicate their impact on the company's operations and compliance programs.
- Collaborate with external partners, such as customs brokers, freight forwarders, and legal counsel, to ensure seamless and compliant import/export processes. - Serve as the primary point of contact for government agencies regarding trade compliance matters, including responding to inquiries, conducting investigations, and resolving compliance issues. - Monitor ongoing compliance activities, including recordkeeping, reporting, and license management, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments and implement appropriate measures to mitigate trade compliance risks across the company's global supply chain.
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices in trade compliance, actively participating in relevant professional networks and organizations.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.